My Blog List

Friday, April 17, 2009

Creative Wear

So there I was, given table cloth fabric but not possessing a table, I decided to play around. I made a skirt because that is straight forward kind of thing to make. In hindsight a cushion would be even easier but you can’t wear that out, plus you need a couch to put it on. I used ink to dye it and for want of fabric paint I used some acrylic paint for the details. The rest is sequins. I have posted a close up of the fabric.































I get attached to certain items of clothing. Once I have taken an old pair of jeans or T-shirt and experimented on it with thread, beads, sequins and fabric paint I really can't be parted from it even it was way past it's best by date. These are a few items I made and I felt that they should be recorded before I can no longer squeeze into them. I had so much fun doing this little photo shoot that I decided to share it!! Hope it inspires you too!!

No comments: